1980: University of Houston, Bates College of Law, J.D. (with honors);
1972: Evangelical Lutheran Theological Seminary, M.Div. (with honors);
1964: University of Maryland, B.A. (with honors) 1964.
2013-present: Mediator/Arbitrator/Consultant, Leif M Clark Consulting PLLC
1987-2012: United States Bankruptcy Judge, Western District of Texas;
1998-2010: Adjunct Professor, University of Texas School of Law;
1988-2004: Instructor, McGeorge School of Law International LLM Program;
1996-2000: Trainer and Program Designer, USAID Judicial Training Program for Central & Eastern Europe;
1980-1987: Partner, Cox & Smith, Inc. (now Dykema Cox Smith).
Professional Membership & Honors
American College of Bankruptcy (Class V); National Bankruptcy Conference; American Bankruptcy Institute; National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges; International Insolvency Institute; INSOL International.
– Vol. I, Ch 13, Collier on Bankruptcy (16th ed.) – Ancillary and Other Cross-Border Insolvency Cases Under Chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code;
– Leif M Clark, The Emerging Consensus on Consumer Insolvency Regimes, presented at the University of Helsinki Symposium on the Community of Debt in the European Community, European Insolvency Institute, Florence, Italy (Nov. 19-20, 2015) (to be published by the University of Helsinki);
– Leif M Clark, Managing Distribution to Claimants in Cross-Border Enterprise Group Insolvency, 9 Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial and Commercial Law (2014);
– Leif M Clark & Karen Goldstein, Sacred Cows: How to Care for Secured Creditors’ Rights in Cross-Border Bankruptcies, Tex. Int’l L.J. (2010);
– Leif M Clark, Paying the Piper: Rethinking Professional Compensation in Bankruptcy, Am. Bankr. Inst. L.R. (1993).