Out of his 22 years of legal carrier, Roger Gladei worked for 11 years as in-house lawyer and then Vice-president of a reputable Moldovan bank, and for the next 11 years, as attorney-at-law, co-founding and managing Gladei & Partners Law Firm.
Roger is licensed in history, law and finance, and holds an MBA from Grenoble Graduate School of Business. He is member of the Moldovan Bar Association, member of the Board of Directors of the American Chamber of Commerce in Moldova (AmCham) and President of the AmCham International Arbitration Court (CACIC).
Roger has been involved in major legal reform projects in Moldova, including the reform of the secured lending, financial sector regulation and supervision, leasing and insolvency. As corporate governance expert, he represented Moldova in the OECD/EBRD Corporate Governance Roundtable in Eurasia, co-authoring the Corporate Governance Policy Brief.
As part of Gladei & Partners team, Roger has coordinated the development of business protection and guidance tools, such as controale.md – on-line web platform helping business in interactions with state control bodies, and the Legal Pocket Guide for the ICT Industry.
As visiting professor to the National Institute of Justice, he is training judges and future judges on banking and financial disputes.
Roger Gladei is heading the firm’s corporate practice and gains particular acknowledgment for his finance and corporate expertise in a broad range of areas including corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, day-to-day business operations, shareholders’ relations, regulatory compliance and relations with supervisory authorities.
Clients about Roger Gladei (selection from recent international legal directories):
– ”he puts all of his experience to use to provide the most optimal solutions” (Chambers Europe 2018);
– “he did a good job. This was not a straightforward matter, you really had to think outside the box”, “he went an extra mile” (Chambers Europe 2017);
– “always finds a solution when others would bet there is none” (Legal 500 2017);
– ”he is very experienced and can handle complex deals” (Chambers Global 2016);
– ”I have been very satisfied with the responsiveness and quality of work” (IFLR1000 2016).