Out of his 25 years of legal carrier, Roger Gladei worked initially as in-house lawyer and then Vice-president of a reputable Moldovan bank, and for the next 14 years, as attorney-at-law, co-founding and managing Gladei & Partners Law Firm.
Roger is licensed in history, law and finance, and holds an MBA from Grenoble Graduate School of Business. He is member of the Moldovan Bar Association, member of the Board of Directors of the American Chamber of Commerce in Moldova (AmCham) and President of the AmCham International Arbitration Court (CACIC).
Roger has been involved in major legal reform projects in Moldova, including the reform of the secured lending, financial sector regulation and supervision, leasing and insolvency. As corporate governance expert, he represented Moldova in the OECD/EBRD Corporate Governance Roundtable in Eurasia, co-authoring the Corporate Governance Policy Brief.
As part of Gladei & Partners team, Roger has coordinated drafting of various business support legal tools, such as controale.md – on-line web platform helping business in interactions with state control bodies, Legal Pocket Guide for the ICT Industry, and Guidelines for Dual VET Programs.
As trainer of the National Institute of Justice and the Center for Lawyer Training, he is teaching judges, future judges attorneys-at-law an trainees on banking and financial disputes.
Roger Gladei is heading the firm’s corporate practice and gains particular acknowledgment for his finance and commercial expertise in a broad range of areas including mergers and acquisitions, cress-border funding, corporate affairs, shareholders’ relations, regulatory compliance and relations with supervisory authorities.
Clients about Roger Gladei (selection from recent international legal directories):
– “outstanding professional” (Legal 500 2020);
– always discusses things with us and he can find the best solution for us” (Chambers Europe 2019);
– well-respected market champion” (Legal 500 2019)
– “he brings strong strategic advice and is one step ahead of the opponent” (Chambers Global 2018);
– ”he puts all of his experience to use to provide the most optimal solutions” (Chambers Europe 2018);
-“he did a good job. This was not a straightforward matter, you really had to think outside the box”, “he went an extra mile” (Chambers Europe 2017);
– ”I have been very satisfied with the responsiveness and quality of work” (IFLR1000 2016).